Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gray-cheeked Style Thrushes in Forsyth Park

I went to Forsyth Park in downtown Savannah this morning, partly because James Fleullan reported seeing Veery and Swainson's Thrush there. I wandered around and finally found an American Redstart, a Blackpoll Warbler and a Red-eyed Vireo. As I was headed towards my car on the west side of the fountain, approaching Whitaker St., I spotted a thrush. It had a brownish back, two-toned bill, grayish face and no buffy eye ring. I attempted to get photos.
Gray-cheeked Style Thrush - First Bird

Then I spotted a second bird a bit further away. My first impression was that it was a bit more red-brown than the first. I got a couple of more distant photos.

Gray-cheeked style Thrush Number 2

Gray-cheeked style Thrush #2





After that, someone came by walking a dog and both birds flew into a nearby tree. They eventually came back down, then flew again. I started following and photographing and got confused as to which bird was which. Here are a few other images. Comments appreciated!









No comments:

Post a Comment